Akdong Musician (AKMU), a South Korean sibling duo consisting of Lee Chan-hyuk and Lee Su-hyun, has made a significant impact on the K-pop scene with their unique sound and heartfelt lyrics. Their journey in the world of music is a testament to their talent and creativity.
- 1996 and 1999: Lee Chan-hyuk and Lee Su-hyun, the two siblings who make up AKMU, were born in South Korea, setting the stage for their future in the music industry.
- 2012: AKMU gained national attention when they participated in the reality television program “K-pop Star 2.” Their performances showcased their exceptional musical talent, and they ultimately emerged as the winners of the competition.
- 2014: YG Entertainment, one of South Korea’s most prominent entertainment agencies, signed AKMU as artists. Under YG, they released their debut album, “Play,” which included the hit songs “200%” and “Melted.” The album received widespread acclaim for its fresh sound and meaningful lyrics.
- 2015: AKMU followed up with their second album, “Spring,” which featured tracks like “Give Love” and “How People Move.” The album continued to solidify their status as a rising K-pop act known for their introspective lyrics and catchy melodies.
- 2017: Lee Chan-hyuk, the elder sibling, temporarily put his music career on hold to fulfill his mandatory military service in South Korea. During this time, Lee Su-hyun embarked on her solo career and released music independently.
- 2019: Following Lee Chan-hyuk’s completion of military service, AKMU reunited and released the album “Sailing.” This album marked their return as a duo and included tracks like “How Can I Love the Heartbreak, You’re the One I Love.”
- 2020s: AKMU continued to release music, further establishing themselves as a respected and innovative force in the K-pop industry. Their songs continued to resonate with fans, both in South Korea and internationally.
- Play (2014): AKMU’s debut album, featuring chart-topping tracks like “200%” and “Melted.”
- Spring (2015): Their second album, which included hits such as “Give Love” and “How People Move.”
- Sailing (2019): An album released after Lee Chan-hyuk’s military service, featuring songs like “How Can I Love the Heartbreak, You’re the One I Love.”
- Happening (2021): One of their more recent releases, showcasing their continued growth as artists.
AKMU is composed of two talented siblings:
- Lee Chan-hyuk: The elder brother, responsible for songwriting, composing, and producing AKMU’s music. He also contributes vocals and plays various musical instruments.
- Lee Su-hyun: The younger sister, known for her powerful and emotive vocals. Su-hyun is the primary vocalist of the duo and brings depth and emotion to their songs.
Official Social Media Accounts:
- YouTube: AKMU’s YouTube Channel
- Spotify: AKMU on Spotify
- Instagram: AKMU’s Instagram
- Twitter: AKMU’s Twitter
- Facebook: AKMU’s Facebook Page
AKMU actively utilizes these platforms to share their music, engage with their fans, and provide insights into their creative process. Their YouTube channel, in particular, features music videos and behind-the-scenes content that offers a deeper look into their artistry.
Disclaimer : Please note that profile information above needs further research and update. May be subject to change as new information emerges.