Black Stone Cherry is a Southern rock band that originated in Edmonton, Kentucky. Formed in 2001, the band has been known for their energetic performances, powerful vocals, and a blend of hard rock and Southern influences that have earned them a devoted fan base worldwide.
Timeline and History:
- 2001: Black Stone Cherry was formed, consisting of Chris Robertson (vocals/guitar), Ben Wells (guitar/vocals), Jon Lawhon (bass/vocals), and John Fred Young (drums/vocals).
- 2006: The band signed with Roadrunner Records and released their self-titled debut album, “Black Stone Cherry”. The album showcased their unique sound, combining gritty rock with Southern rock influences.
- 2008: Their second album, “Folklore and Superstition”, was released. The album continued to highlight their Southern roots while also experimenting with different musical elements.
- 2011: Black Stone Cherry released their third album, “Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea”, featuring hits like “White Trash Millionaire” and “In My Blood.”
- 2014: The band’s fourth album, “Magic Mountain”, was released, and it showcased a more mature sound that captured their growth as musicians and songwriters.
- 2016: Their fifth album, “Kentucky”, brought them back to their hometown roots, and the band recorded the album at Barrick Recording, the same studio where they had recorded their debut.
- 2018: Black Stone Cherry released their sixth album, “Family Tree”, which embraced their Southern heritage and included tracks like “Bad Habit” and “Burnin’.”
- 2021: The band released their seventh studio album, “The Human Condition”, which featured a diverse range of songs that explored various themes and emotions.
- “Black Stone Cherry” (2006)
- “Folklore and Superstition” (2008)
- “Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea” (2011)
- “Magic Mountain” (2014)
- “Kentucky” (2016)
- “Family Tree” (2018)
- “The Human Condition” (2020)
- Chris Robertson: As the lead vocalist and guitarist, Chris Robertson’s raw and emotive voice is a defining characteristic of Black Stone Cherry’s sound.
- Ben Wells: Contributing vocals and guitar, Ben Wells adds his distinct guitar playing and harmonies to the band’s music.
- Jon Lawhon: Playing bass and providing vocals, Jon Lawhon’s solid bass lines anchor the band’s rhythmic foundation.
- John Fred Young: Serving as the drummer and providing vocals, John Fred Young’s dynamic drumming style drives the band’s energetic performances.
Social Media and Music Platforms
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/blackstonecherry
- Spotify: open.spotify.com/artist/3qAfD5ZKSW9HbC2FpLdJb6
- Instagram: @blackstonecherryofficial
- Twitter: @BlkStoneCherry
- Facebook: facebook.com/blackstonecherry
Disclaimer : Please note that profile information above needs further research and update. May be subject to change as new information emerges.