Eva Cassidy, an American singer known for her extraordinary vocal talent and diverse musical repertoire, left a profound impact on the music world despite her untimely passing. This timeline explores the life and career of Eva Cassidy, a true musical gem.
Early Life and Introduction to Music (1963 – 1980s)
- February 2, 1963: Eva Marie Cassidy is born in Washington, D.C., USA.
- She grows up in a musical family and is exposed to various genres, including folk, jazz, and gospel.
Early Performances and Local Recognition (1980s – Early 1990s)
- Eva Cassidy begins performing at local venues in the Washington, D.C. area during the 1980s.
- She gains recognition for her soulful voice and versatility, often performing with a wide range of musical styles.
Collaborations and Studio Recordings (1990s)
- In the 1990s, Eva Cassidy collaborates with musicians like Chuck Brown, and they record the album “The Other Side” (1992).
- Her studio recordings capture her unique ability to interpret songs across different genres.
Recording Sessions with Chris Biondo (1992 – 1996)
- Eva forms a close musical partnership with producer and bassist Chris Biondo.
- Together, they record various tracks, many of which would become posthumously acclaimed.
“Live at Blues Alley” (1996)
- Eva Cassidy’s live album “Live at Blues Alley” is recorded at the famous jazz club in Washington, D.C.
- The album showcases her remarkable vocal range and interpretive skills.
Posthumous Recognition and Worldwide Fame (Late 1990s – Present)
- Eva Cassidy’s music gains international acclaim following her passing in 1996.
- Albums like “Songbird” (1998) and “Time After Time” (2000) feature previously recorded tracks, garnering widespread attention.
Legacy and Enduring Influence (Ongoing)
- Eva Cassidy’s legacy endures, with her music continuing to inspire and move listeners around the world.
- Her rendition of “Over the Rainbow” remains one of her most celebrated performances.
Eva Cassidy Discography
Studio Albums (Selected)
- “The Other Side” (1992)
- “Eva by Heart” (1997)
- “Time After Time” (2000)
- “Live at Blues Alley” (1996)
- “Simply Eva” (2011)
- “Songbird” (1998)
- “Imagine” (2002)
- Eva Cassidy’s repertoire includes iconic tracks like “Fields of Gold,” “Autumn Leaves,” and her stunning rendition of “Over the Rainbow.”
Members and Collaborators
- Chris Biondo: Producer, bassist, and close collaborator with Eva Cassidy.
Official Social Media Accounts
|YouTube||Eva Cassidy on YouTube|
|Spotify||Eva Cassidy on Spotify|
|N/A (Eva Cassidy’s Twitter account is not available)|
|N/A (Eva Cassidy’s Instagram account is not available)|
|Eva Cassidy on Facebook|
Disclaimer : Please note that profile information above needs further research and update. May be subject to change as new information emerges.